Singles rohrbach oö - Partnersuche bad brückenau
By the 12th century the settlement had reached the size of a small town and was called Sinn-Au.
In 1310 Sinn-Au was granted the rights of a city by King (later Emperor) Heinrich VII.
With that, Brückenau gained the rights to maintain its walls, hold markets, have its own council, cut tree in the forests, raise taxes on wine and so on.
Even then, the water was known for its curative properties, and in 1747 Bishop Amandus von Buseck of Fulda built a fountain.
In 1337, the council made use of its new rights and enlarged the walls and fortified the gates.
In 1597 the town received its present name Brückenau, when a bridge (German: Brücke) was built over the Sinn.